This unique, interactive 3 -day session (delivered over a span of 4-7 weeks) builds in an accountability factor where leaders are trained to practice their skills and report back to the group on their experiences. Participants will have an opportunity to share ideas on how to best turn core principles into meaningful action.
During the duration of the Academy training, participants are empowered to put into action concepts they have learned, thereby experiencing key leadership principles.
This ‘pay-it-forward’ component makes it possible for every participant to implement their skills and knowledge by connecting with other students/athletes at school as part of the servant leadership experience.
- Developing public speaking skills
- How to connect with others with different styles and behaviors than your own
- Developing strong listening skills
- Learning to lead from a servant leadership model
- How to pay it forward through a service learning component
- Ignite can customize this initiative to the schools’ needs and time frame.
Some of what participants said about Leadership Academy
“ …..I learned to be myself around others….’
“ this camp has given me a lot of confidence in leading a group or my club”
“ taught me how to adapt to different types of behaviors and personalities”
“If I can expand my box, I can help others expand theirs too”
“ it takes a lot to admit to faults or improvements, but I found it easy around you guys”
“…cant wait ….so that I can reach out to the student body and relate what I learned into my daily grind..”