A program specifically designed for K-5!
Our work is driven by a passion to help students do their best work and be their best selves. A team of recommended students known as Character Ambassadors teach others how to positively engage everyone in their learning community. When students understand the concept of stewardship, they are given the opportunity to engage and value their peers despite their diversities.
What Do We Do?
Our goal and role in your school
We partner along side you to create a customized system that through the power of your students, builds character and boosts moral maturity. Our customized curriculum is taught to every grade level in your building by your own student ambassadors. We coordinate with you to provide monthly lessons, training system, and ongoing support. This methodology helps you see immediate growth in your school. By taking advantage of these critically formative years, we can grow your learners and the culture of your community.
The mindset behind our intentional interactions
Ignite Trainers take time to work with your ambassadors to identify their different learning needs and leadership behavior profiles. With this in mind, we support each individual student ambassador, using learning practices to help them overcome their comfort zones and unlock their leadership potential.
True to our background in culture advancement, we believe in speaking to students with the right spirit of intent by using positive uplifting language and using an outreach mindset.
Our focus is on growth! From making big strides with personal behavior, to learning how to be more confident, all improvement should be celebrated in an inclusive community.
Being a Character Ambassador is earned. It means that they try their best to be role models and examples for others to follow. There is a powerful incentive for student ambassadors to make better decisions because they like being a leader as an outcome. They take ownership for their actions and are quick to make corrections to earn their role back. It's important they know they are capable of using their influence in a positive way that encourages others to do the same.
How Does This Work?
First, It Begins With Your Staff
1. Build the Ignite System into your Yearlong Calendar
2. Select 2-3 teachers to champion the program
3. Present Ignite Character to your entire staff, thier role is to support
4. Begin selecting a diverse team of equity-based student ambassadors
Next, your Student Ambassadors
1. Ambassadors attend Ignite's two day kick off training
2. Ambassadors attend ongoing monthly training for each lesson of the month
3. Teams are assigned to each classroom and facilitate a 30 minute lesson monthly
4. Ignite helps to get parents engaged
Yearlong Training & Support
Ignite partners with you every step of the way
- Two day kick off training
- Ongoing onsite monthly training & practice
- Ongoing online support and resource tools for Ambassadors and Advisors
- Onsite observations during monthly lesson delivery
- Advisor Development and Certification process
- Feedback, Support, Adjustments for a sustainable system
- End of Year Ambassador Celebration + Completion Certificates
Changing classroom engagement, one lesson at a time
All lessons are ran by a team of student character ambassadors for a classroom of K-6 students and happen during the school day!
Your character words become the theme for your monthly lessons.
Each word of the month includes a lesson plan for Ambassadors to assign their parts, instructional training videos, a movie clip, teacher previews, and feedback forms.
Our lessons are more than just activities on paper. All Ignite Lessons follow the structure of the "Ignite Way". Made of 4 components, they ensure that ambassadors learn leadership and facilitation skills while mentees benefit from a structured learning experience.